Here’s a novel idea; how about bringing your son, daughter or grandchild to a class. If we don’t start now, they will never get involved with the craft we love.
1. The tag-a-long MUST be between the ages of 13-17, no exceptions.
2. The additional charge will be $400 for the week, $140 for the weekend and $60 for a one-day class.
3. Parent/Child combinations MUST work at the same bench or lathe.
4. Parent/Child combinations MUST work on the same project.
5. Tag-a-longs will not be allowed to run equipment without the assistance of their adult counterpart or a shop assistant.
6. Tag-a-longs will not be allowed in every workshop, so when you sign up, please verify that your workshop is one of the approved tag-a-long classes.
7. Tag-a-longs MUST be present at every class demonstration.
8. The guardian will always be responsible for the tag-a-long.
9. The guardian or responsible person must sign a liability waiver form on behalf of their tag-a-long and assume total responsibility.
NOTE: Spouses are not eligible as tag-a-longs—Only teens!
Easy Pay Plan
Students who need a little extra time to pay for classes can be put on a payment schedule that meets their needs. Call 317-535-4013 and ask for Paula, and she will set up a program that works for you within your budget. Please note classes are to be paid in full before the first day of class.
Most weekend classes are priced between $195 and $390, depending on the length of class and the number of participants. Some weekend classes will also require an additional materials fee. All Saturday and Sunday classes start at 9 a.m. and include a simple lunch. There is a $60 deposit for each one-day class and a $150 deposit on a full weekend class upon registration.
Full week classes (Monday through Friday) are at the very reasonable price of just $895 and will include lunch every day. Each full week class starts at 8 a.m. and requires a deposit of $300, which confirms your spot in the class. The two-week apprenticeship classes will cost $1780. During the two-week Apprenticeship class, the shop is not open on Saturday or Sunday because of interference with the weekend classes. All class(es) longer than five days require a deposit of $400, which confirms your spot in the class. Please note that some classes have additional fees to cover any class materials, which will be included in your final billing. You will be emailed a final bill approximately 10-20 days before the start of class. After signing up for a class, tool lists and cut lists will be emailed to you. Keep in mind that all classes are on a first-come, first-served basis.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to outside contracts, or agreements with publishers, most instructors are NOT allowed to be filmed or have any of their processes videotaped. Because MASW does not hold the rights to film instructors, neither do students. Videotaping of any class session is NOT permitted. This also holds true for personal use. However, you can take all the still photographs you wish.
Each student will be responsible to read and fully understand and accept the registration process including the annual non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy before signing up. Class availability on the web page will be updated as often as possible
With the current demands on supplies and the unpredictable and unreliability of the material markets, MASW reserves the right to substitute materials and supplies for any workshop without notice. The material fees listed with each class are also subject to change. It is impossible to know what the supply market will be like in 2022. Price changes of the material fee will adjust to these increases if necessary. Students will be emailed of any changes within 30 days of their workshop.
Nonrefundable Registration Fee
There is an annual, nonrefundable registration fee of $45. THIS REGISTRATION FEE IS NOT A PART OF THE CLASS FEE AND IS NOT DEDUCTED FROM THE FINAL BALANCE DUE. This is the financial binding that locks you into the class and starts the registration process
1. Sign up online at www.marcadams.com or call at 317-535-4013. The initial deposit and registration fee will be due upon registration and can be done by mailing a check or calling in your credit card number. If you sign up online, your credit card will automatically be charged the deposit and registration fee. MASW accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
Marc Adams School of Woodworking
5504 East, 500 North
Franklin, IN 46131-7993
2. You may register by phone beginning Wednesday, December 1, 2021, with a Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express card, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Time at 317-535-4013. You may register online anytime at www.marcadams.com.
3. Any class with fewer than eight students may be cancelled.
4. The Marc Adams School of Woodworking reserves the right to overbook or cancel any class and to change or substitute any instructor at any time. Overbooking remains the discretion of MASW.
5. Students may go online to www.marcadams.com to see which classes still have openings or updates (NEW workshops that may be added during the school year).
6. MASW regular office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Calls outside of this time or weekend calls will be returned the next business day.
1. Payment of the appropriate deposit and registration fee must accompany your registration and application when enrolling.
2. Full payment for the tuition must be received prior to the beginning of your workshop. You will be emailed an invoice to remind you. Due to potentially long waiting lists, we ask that you notify us in writing as soon as possible if you have a change of plans.
3. There will be no discounts allowed for extra class sign ups.
4. We accept personal checks, money orders, company checks, and Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
5. There will be a $50 fee to transfer from one class to another. Class payments will not be transferred to future classes outside the current year’s class schedule.
6. The Marc Adams School of Woodworking reserves the right to withdraw any student from a class if he or she has not paid in full before the first day of class.
7. Tag-a-longs will be allowed for certain classes and are limited explicitly to children between the ages of 13-17. Only one child per one adult will be allowed. For a listing of pricing and other requirements, please contact Paula at her email here.
8. Please note that with the everchanging supply lines some class material fees could change before the first day of class.
Refund and Cancellation/Withdraw Policy
1. To be eligible for any returned money, you must send a dated USPS letter requesting any refunds. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE BASED ON THE ENVELOPE POSTMARK DATE. Email and telephone cancellations will NOT be accepted for refunds.
2. There will be an automatic $50 cancellation fee (per class) for any canceled registration, regardless of the date of withdrawal. If you cancel one class and transfer to another, this $50 fee is still applied
3. If you withdraw from a workshop more than 60 days in advance, the school will refund the deposit on the class, less the $50 cancellation fee and $45 nonrefundable registration fee.
4. If you withdraw 30 to 59 days before the class, the school will refund only 50% of the deposit on the class, less
5. If you withdraw within 29 days of the class, there will be NO REFUND OR TRANSFERRING OF THE MONEY TO ANOTHER CLASS ON ALL PAID MONEY FOR ANY REASON.
6. If you cancel any class and are eligible for a refund, the available refundable money can be applied to another class in the same year (less the $50 cancellation fee).
7. Refundable money will be sent back before the end of the school year.
8. If for any reason MASW must cancel a workshop, all money will be refunded, including the annual registration fee.
9. By registering you agree that you have read and understand the payment policy and cancellation policy.
There is no smoking permitted in any of the school buildings at any time, nor will alcohol be allowed at any time. If you are on medications that could impair your judgment, you will not be allowed to operate power equipment. Please notify MASW if you are taking any drugs that could impair your judgment. Young children will not be allowed in the school during school work hours. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Videotaping of any instructional workshops is strictly prohibited. Unsafe acts will not be permitted! Woodworking is inherently dangerous. Using hand tools or power tools improperly can lead to serious injury or death. By taking these workshops, you agree to do so solely at your own risk and release the sponsors, owners, guest lecturers, assistants, staff, other students, manufacturers, directors, board members and managers from any claims or liabilities from injury, loss, damage or death. This includes contacting Covid-19 during your trip to MASW. Each student must sign a liability waiver stating that they have read, understand and agree to the contents of the liability waiver. Students will not be allowed to work with spalted woods, exotic woods or any materials that could be hazardous to other students. Each student will be responsible to read and fully understand and accept the registration process including the annual nonrefundable registration fee and the cancellation policy before signing up. For more information on our tag-a-long program and associated pricing please contact Paula at her email here. Tag-a-longs are restricted to ages 13-17 and to specific workshops only, spouses do not qualify as tag-a-longs. All full week workshops will wrap up between 2:30-3:30 p.m. on the last day of class and weekends wrap between 4:00-4:30 p.m. on the last day of class. UPS services are available at the school. Students who intentionally violate any rules or put others at risk will be asked to leave and there will be no refund.