Friday, August 3, 2012
We have had another casualty in the kitchen. I'm so sorry to share that Theodore is gone. We lost him today in an accident during lunch. He had just very accurately measured 5 cups of rice when, he dropped to the floor. I don't believe it was intentional. I know he really lived life "on the edge." However, this time I put him there....on the edge I mean...of the counter. I thought I had him in a safe place, but I was wrong.
It is always bittersweet when we lose a hard working member of the kitchen. Theodore was always ready to size-up anything we threw at him. Always correctly, at a moments notice. His willingness to go into the microwave or the refrigerator will be missed. That is, till I get a new one at Meijer. Not all of our workers in the kitchen are so amiable. Some very clearly state, in writing "Not microwave safe!" You would think that they would be happy to be working at all. Well anyway, here's to Theodore...may he rest in pieces...err, peace I mean.
[Whew, you scared me there Karen - when you mentioned his willingness to go into the refrigerator, I thought you were talking about Doug! :-) -markwithak]