Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Beginning Rhino 3-D Modeling/Cad for Woodworkers with Mary and Dale Fugier
Dates: 4/7/2017 - 4/9/2017
Tool List: Click here for tool list
Rhinoceros for Windows is a 3-D modeling program that will make you a better woodworker. Rhino models are extremely accurate and can move your designs directly to production, rendering or animation. Rhino is also easy to use and affordable. By learning how to create models of your designs on your computer first, you will be able to proof and develop them in 3-D, create rendered images with materials, and create detailed 2-D drawings with dimensions and annotations. Rhino can also export your model to STL for 3-D printing or to DXF for laser cutting. The 3-D model is only the start. From the model, you can generate layout drawings to accurately produce detailed plans and cut lists. 2-D plans are easily generated from the 3-D model. Likewise, Rhino's 3-D models can be generated from importing 2-D plans like DWG and DXF. Curves will be used at input for surfaces; surfaces will then be combined into more complex models, some furniture, tools, and other fun designs. You will learn to use the software so that you can develop your own attractive designs. Rhinoceros 90 day Evaluation is available as a free download at www.Rhino3D.com. Students will need to bring their own Windows laptop computer to class along with a 3-button scroll wheel mouse and laptop battery charger. Previous 3-D modeling or design experience helpful, but not required.
- Utilize the features of the Rhino user interface
- Create basic graphic objects, lines, circles, arcs, curves, solids, and surfaces
- Model with precision using coordinate input, object snaps, and SmartTrack tools
- Modify curves and surfaces with edit commands and Gumball
- Analyze your model for area, volume, and centroid
- Render the model using Rhino Render
- Dimension and annotate model with test and hatch
- Arrange views of model on paper for printing
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Class Is Full