Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Taking Control of Color: The Next Level of Finishing with Mitch Kohanek
Dates: 4/16/2016 - 4/17/2016
Tool List: Click here for tool list
Learn how to create the color you are looking for by understanding how color works. This class will teach you the artistic side of using coloring agents to enhance any project using any kind of wood. This will require the understanding and utilization of the “Color Wheel”. For two days Mitch will work with you on how to mix colors together artistically using dyes and pigments (stains). Students will also apply colors on top of colors, change the color of glazes, and change the color of any existing coating (toners). All of this leads to predicting and obtaining the exact color you want. Other issues that Mitch will discuss include understanding color terminology and how to work with primary colors in your dyes, stains, glazes and toners. This incredible knowledge will separate you from most other woodworkers, especially those who are making the same projects you are.
- Take the fear out of coloring wood
- Mix colors together to create your color
- Experience putting a color on top of a color
- Choose between dyes and stains
- Correct colors already applied (without stripping or sanding)
- Understand the impact of toners and glazes
- You designed the woodwork - now design the color
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Class Is Full