Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Festool Essentials with Brian Sedgeley
Dates: 8/15 - 8/16
This class is geared toward existing power tool users who have a basic or limited knowledge of the Festool System. In this class, Brian will cover the essential components of the Festool System, including TS plunge cut saws, dust extractors, MFT multifunction tables, jigsaws, sanders, Kapex, routers, Domino and more. Existing Festool users will learn to get the most of their existing tools by going through basic application exercises and simple calibration techniques. Participants with limited Festool experience will learn new methods of work through an introduction to the broader line of Festool tools and accessories. Though there will be some limited classroom-style presentations, the bulk of the class time will be spent in the shop using the tools. Students should have experience with, and be comfortable using, power tools such as saws, routers, joiners and sanders.
THIS CLASS IS NOT A SALES PITCH FOR FESTOOL--students who took this class last summer all agreed that it was one of the most informative workshops they have ever attended.
- Learn about the Festool system-based, fully integrated dust extraction system
- Learn how to accurately cut a 4 x 8 sheet of material
- Learn precision ripping with the TS Saw and FS Parallel Guides
- Use the multifunction table
- Learn dimensioning of trim, and the basics of crown molding
- Learn to construct basic joints using the Domino joiner
- Learn basic techniques for precision routing
- Experience dust free sanding
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Public Registration begins December 1, 2014. Please check back then to register online.