Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Getting the Most From Your Scroll Saw with Marc Berner
Dates: 6/24/2017 - 6/25/2017
The scroll saw is the most overlooked and underrated tool in the shop. There are probably more Americans who make their living with this one tool than any other single purpose woodworking tool in the shop. The scroll saw is typically used for craft related items and is safe enough for almost any age with which to work. It can cut wood, veneer, metal, plastic, paper, solid surface material, leather, rubber, stone and composite materials. In this two day workshop, Marc will discuss the types of saws available today and their features, how to tune them up, how to make jigs and fixtures, and what accessories work best. Blade selection will be covered in detail. Demonstrations will include puzzles, shadow boxes, baskets, three-dimensional work, clocks, small intarsia projects, name and sign boards, and much more. With Marc as the instructor, you can bet this class will be loads of fun.
- Cut with every type of scroll saw blade made
- Practice basic and advanced cutting techniques
- Learn how to cut a variety of materials including plastic, bone, and non-ferris metals
- Make a show box, scroll saw box, 3-D animal and puzzles
- Make craft items that appeal to everyone
- Understand inlay techniques
- How to price projects you might want to sell
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.