Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Turned and Twisted with Alan Lacer & Michael Fortune
Dates: 10/22 - 10/23
This is an opportunity to work with two individuals who are masters in their respective fields: Michael Fortune and Alan Lacer. In this weekend course, participants will construct all the necessary parts to assemble a curved-back stool. The class will be divided each day, with half the class turning the legs and stretchers with Alan while the other half works with Michael to form the back and bracket pieces. This workshop is open to any level of woodworking skill, but it is highly desirable to have some spindle turning experience. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to spend a weekend with the two most popular instructors at the school. With these two at the bench, your weekend is guaranteed to be twisted, bent, turned and maybe even a little warped.
- Safe lathe practices
- Tips and tricks for spindle duplication and turning long spindles
- Facework turning to create the seat
- Bending fixtures and drilling jigs that simplify the process
- Techniques to steam bend and vacuum form
- Ways to join wood that are not square
- Choosing adhesive
- Clamping strategies for each of the bending techniques
- Designing and executing a three-legged stool
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.