Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Fine Cabinetmaking with Mike Pekovich
Dates: 7/13 - 7/17
Explore the fine points of cabinetmaking while building an elegant wall cabinet. Don't be fooled by its small size; this project packs a big punch when it comes to lessons in case, door and drawer construction. Learn fast and efficient dovetail construction while building the case. Mike will cover the in's and out's of frame-and-panel construction while building, fitting and hanging the door. Finally everyone will build and fit a half-blind dovetailed drawer. The focus of the class will be on combining machine and handwork with classic construction techniques to produce work of the highest quality in the most efficient manner. You'll learn how to get your hand tools razor sharp and put them to use with the proper techniques to get the most out of each tool. This class will provide a great foundation for building casework of any size or style.
- How to combine hand and power tools for fast, accurate case construction
- The secrets to gap-free, through mortise-and-tenon joinery
- Give hand-cut dovetails a head start at the tablesaw
- Frame and panel door construction-how to build flat doors, trim them to fit, and hang them
- How to make smooth-sliding dovetailed drawers
- Simple, sturdy method for hanging wall cabinets
NOTE: Prior to the start of class, a cut list will be sent so you can Bring Your Own Wood.
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Class Is Full