Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Cabinets for the Home, Shop or Office with Gary Striegler
Dates: 5/16 - 5/20
We all have a “have-to-do” list that has a few “want-to-do” things mixed in. It could be a job for a client or a project for the home or shop. Whatever the project, this class is all about the challenging jobs you look forward to starting but just need motivation. Gary will demonstrate the basic methods he uses to build cabinets and then show how the same methods can be used to build even the most complex cabinet or built-in project. He will cover ways to use composition material to create ornate details at surprisingly reasonable prices. Students will see how easy it is to completely transform the look of a project by adding the right moldings. You will see the different types of concealed hinges,their applications and learn the most efficient ways to install and adjust drawer slides. Gary will share a PowerPoint presentation on building a wall bed also known as a Murphy bed. Many of the most interesting projects begin with a shared picture. You will learn how to turn a concept from one or even multiple pictures into a finished product. During the week, students will design and build a wall-hung storage cabinet. The goal of this class is to take you from thinking, “How did they do that?” to saying, “I know I can do that!” If you have projects at home, at work or in the shop that you have been waiting to tackle, or if you want to grow your woodworking business, you won’t want to miss this class.
- Make a scroll top pediment with common router bits
- Learn how to build a bookcase that pivots to reveal hidden storage
- See how to build a custom bed with lots of storage for kids
- Learn how to avoid common mistakes by using a story pole
- Learn how to build an executive desk
- Study methods for combining multiple cabinets into large units
- Explore designs for impressive cabinet doors made without special tools
- Learn how to add secret hiding places to cabinets
- Learn how to use common moldings to create extraordinary cabinets
- Learn how to make curved moldings
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Public Registration begins December 1, 2015. Please check back then to register online.