Classes at Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Start Woodworking with Asa Christiana
Dates: 6/19/2017 - 6/23/2017
Tool List: Click here for tool list
The former editor of Fine Woodworking magazine proves that anyone can build great projects with wood, even those with zero skills or experience. This isn't about traditional woodworking and following the rules — it's about having fun and getting stuff done. Working with home-center materials and a few small power tools, students will build four projects in just five days. Better yet, they'll walk away with the skills and confidence to make almost anything, from a tiny house to a trebuchet (Google that). The four projects are a customizable bottle opener with a trick hidden inside, an elegant outdoor bench built with screws and deck boards, a curvy cutting board, and a transforming table. And everything will flat-pack for easy transport home.
- How to choose the right materials for the job at hand
- Accurate layout for guaranteed success
- How to use power tools safely
- Cutting boards to length with a miter saw
- Cutting smooth curves with a jigsaw
- Shaping edges with a small router
- Simple, secure wood joints, from strong screws to easy dowels
- Two fool proof wood finishes for beauty and protection
- Most importantly, creative problem solving
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Class Is Full